June 18, 2020
The Adult Vision Clinic, a joint program between Clovernook Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired and Cincinnati Eye Institute Foundation, is excited to resume operations and continue to serve patients with a world-class patient and family experience. Due to COVID-19 safety concerns, we have implemented updated procedures and safety measures designed to keep patients and staff safe, following guidelines and recommendations by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD).
Please take a moment to read over the new safety procedures before arriving for your appointment at Clovernook Center:
- Staggered and reduced scheduling of our participants will allow staff to maintain proper social distancing and to thoroughly sanitize between appointments. Vision Clinic appointments are limited to 10 a day.
- One guest limit. Patients may only bring one guest with them and they must be from their service provider group.
- Temperature checks of participants will be taken upon arrival. Individuals need to register a body temperature below the CDC requirement of 100.4 degrees (Clovernook has taken an extra precaution and in most cases prefers 99.6 degrees).
- Health screening questions will be asked, including about the presence or absence of any symptoms associated with COVID-19 and exposure to anyone who may be carrying the disease.
- Technicians will be conducting eye appointments and then consulting remotely with doctors for further diagnosis.
- Services offered by the clinic will be somewhat abbreviated. Pre-testing for glasses and prescriptions will remain, but we will not be testing for complicated eye diseases at this time.
- Masks are required of all visitors upon entry to the facility.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the facility, including in each activity room.
- Public drinking fountains have been turned off.
- Social distancing criteria have been put in place, such as strategic placement of tables and chairs and sitting areas. Structured movement directions have been established around the facility to maintain distance.
For more information, questions or to make an appointment, contact Keith Crothers, Program Director by calling (513) 728-6286 or email email@example.com.Back to News